Friday, November 14, 2008

Eat.pray.love.


What I said to God through my gasping sobs was something like this: "Hello, God. How are you? I'm Liz. Nice to meet you." That's right - I was speaking to the creator of the universe as though we'd just been introduced at a cocktail party. But we work with what we know in this life, and these are the words I always use at the beginning of a relationship. In fact, it was all I could do to stop myself from saying, "I've always been a big fan of your work..." [Elizabeth Gilbert in Eat Pray Love].





I fell in love with this book right after Elizabeth Gilbert made an appearance in Oprah's Book Club. I want to read this awesome book on my comfy bed and get myself a cup of hot milk with doublestuf Oreos. But first I have to go thru the mahfan ritual of removing makeup eyeliner and mascara.. so long Judith Mckenzie [author of landlaw text book] and hello Elizabeth Gilbert.



p/s: It was raining heavily and I found a comfortable shelter to read while waiting for the school or I should say college bus to come, ie under the flyover.

Take care.:)


No comments: